Additional Spectator Information
- Watch a golf game with quite intent. The game requires a lot of concentration on the part of the athletes, and they deserve a solemn atmosphere while hitting.
- Turn off your cell phone or pager during play, or at least set any electronic devices to silent mode. These noises can be highly disruptive during play.
- Follow proper etiquette by using only the crossing points designated to move across fairways. Never do so during play and always check to make sure the players have advanced before crossing.
- Stand behind those sitting along fairway ropes. It is not proper etiquette to stand in front of anyone sitting when observing a golf game.
- Walk briskly when observing a golf game only if you must. Typically though, you can slowly walk to follow your favorite golfer in plenty of time to see each shot clearly.
Tips and Warnings
- Display courteous and respectful demeanor at all times as a fan.
- Be sure to dress comfortable and bring comfortable walking shoes
- Bring sunscreen!
- Never stand on the green of a hole or pass beyond roped-off competition boundaries. These are placed where they are to protect you as the spectator from getting hit, and from interfering with the game.
- Jeering and booing are highly frowned upon in the game of golf.
- Concession stands are available around the course
- Do not bring food, beverages or cameras onsite